I don't know exactly what to
say. We just got Transfer Calls this past week. I AM STAYING! Which comes with mixed emotions, mostly positive, but I am getting another companion... Elder
George from London Canada will replace Elder Wasden and be my last mission
companion.
I don't know him very well, he came in the same day as Elder Robins.
I am excited to work with him, but am really going to miss Elder Wasden. We've
been together for 3 transfers. Its been a blast. We came in with different
ideas and things, and at the beginning it was a bit rough. We both agree that 3
transfers ago, had we had a choice we wouldn't have picked eachother as
companions. But looking back I can honestly say that I wouldn't have chosen any
one else. Its been alot of fun. :-)
I am however still looking
forward to this next transfer, there is a lot to be done. Things are running
smoothly, but could always be better, starting with my bike but that is a
different story... ;-)
We had a pretty busy week, Monday was completely full, we went and visited a castle out in Leutkirch with
the Buchanans which was awesome. Tuesday I was on exchange in Dornbirn with
Elder Moon. SO MUCH FUN. I love working with Elder Moon. It is really
interesting we went to the same Highschool, but never really met each other. We
have become pretty good friends out here. We have only worked with each other on 2 exchanges, but we have a really good flow back and forth. We spoke German the
entire exchange, which is something not easy to do with new missionaries, and
it was WAY FUN.
Thursday was transfer calls. We
got up and started the day as normal, and I got the feeling that I would be
staying. Between that, and the experience the week before I wasn't overally
tense that morning. Poor Elder Wasden. He was really tense. So I, being the
good companion that I am, decided to a bit of fun. :-)
The phone has a fake call
function on it. when you press the down arrow button 4 times, it sets off a 10
second timer, after which it simulates a phone call from an unknown number. The
funniest part is, President Miles usually shows up as unknown on the phone...
;-) For those of you who think this was mean, I need to clarify that it was by
no means mean, this is the kind of companionship that we have. :-)
Anyway, I
did it, the phone rang, Elder Wasden JUMPED snatched the phone and answered it.
Nothing, he looks at me who is smiling very widely and yeah... it was really
funny. The phone call came at around 9.20 or so. Elder Wasden will go to
Heilbronn and be a district leader there. Crazy.
That pretty much was the
biggest highlight of the week. We had another fantastic lesson with Vladimir,
at the end of which we set a baptismal date for the 14th of December. He is
really excited. As part of the lesson (before we talked about baptism) he
mentioned how past mistakes had really been haunting him, and how he wished
those feelings could go away, and start new. We taught about Baptism and the
Gift of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit was really strong, we set the date and he
is excited to work towards it. :-)
Jason is doing splendidly well.
Being from China we were worried how he would accept the word of wisdom,
because typically they like to drink strong green teas in China. But he accepted it without any problem. He made the observation that commandments are really
love from God, that just like our parents want us to have happy lives and give
us rules to help us progress, God also gives us these commandments to help us
be happy and make progress. He is doing really really well and is making steady
progress. :-)
We also got to meet with
Courtney again this week, he is an American, we met him awhile ago but haven't
been able to meet up with him for awhile. We went so that Elder Wasden could
say goodbye. We had a great time. He has a really neat story about him becoming
truly converted to Christ. Him and his wife are very strong Christians. We had
such an uplifting conversation, its way fun to talk with them. At the end we
showed him a Mormon message, the one about the boy and the bike. He liked it a
lot and said that he was going to immedieately post that on his facebook
account. He is way awesome and we hope to talk with them some more.
I am excited to get into this new transfer. We have seen so
many miracles and I am excited to keep working and see more. God is blessing us
so much. It takes work, its not always easy, but we are pushing forward. :-) I
know that this is Gods work and we will see miracles when we just have faith,
and work for them!
I wish you all a great week!
love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment