Man, it just occurred to me
that with the end of this week, brings the beginning of June. And I am stunned
by that fact. Elder Evans likes to remind me of that, as well that Elder
Heinrich (who is technically only 4 transfers older than me) goes home in 2
weeks. :-P Where did all the time go? I swear I just started my mission
only a few days ago. I never would have imagined that I would be sitting
in this position.
I am a bit low on time so I
will just stick to the main events of the week. It was another difficult week.
Things were looking up, but as they sometimes do, they all came back down. All
of our appointments fell out this week, which isn't all that uncommon, but it
isn't always the most optimal. However out of we were able to find 15 people
who are interested in learning more. :-)
Monday we found 9 of them, that was
really cool. 5 of them we found on the way to Starnberger See, the Zone
Leaders, Munich 2 sisters, Assistants and us all went out down there to go
hike. It was cool and very pretty, but on the way to meet up with them, I saw
some Nigerians who were trying to figure out how to get to Obersendlingen, I
showed them the way and got to talk to them a bit. It was a family of 5. Isaac,
his brother Ken, Isaac's wife, and 12 year old Daughter, and 14 year old son who
wanted to meet with us!! They lived in Kieferngarten and I said I was going to
call them on Wednesday to make an appointment out. Well I did, and I found out
they (being asylum seekers) were transferred out of Munich into Kaufbeuren's
area (You should of heard Kaufbeuren when I told them that a Family of 5 just
moved into there area and wants to know more).
Then later on the way back home
after trying to visit someone, we get into the U-bahn and I sit next to a family
that I found, who turn out to be from Iraq. Mom, dad, and 2 super energetic
children (9 year old boy and a 6 year old Girl). I start talking to them and
the children started to DRILL me with questions, they came and sat across from
me and were asking me every question imaginable. How old are you? Where are you
from? Are you married? Do you have kids? Do you like kids? How many do you want
to have? Do you like to learn?... the list goes on.
Finally somewhere
down the line they asked me if I like music and could sing, I said yes and then
they both in Unison said "alright sing us a song!" and then both sat
back with their arms folded giving me this smug look like "Lets hear
it". Oh snap, I am in a full U-bahn, and these two kids want me to sing a
solo off the top of my head... I was stunned and paused then grabbed my hymn
book flipped it open somewhat randomly to "Come thou fount of Every
Blessing" (yes, it's in the German hymn book) And then sang a couple
lines, trying to not draw to much attention and ignoring those who were then
looking at me. Yeah I really did sing in an U-bahn full of people. Then they
were like "Sing another song! Sing another song!" Luckily We arrived
at Hauptbahnhof where they (and we got off) I talked to the dad, and told him
a bit more about the church, and it turns out they live in Pasing, Munich 2's
area. He gave me there information and I passed it on to the Sisters who went
and visited them. It went alright, it was a bit rough because of the energetic
children, but they will keep trying! :-)
Nataly sadly had to cancel on us, because she was called in to take an emergency shift, but we should be able to meet with her again this week. We were able to get in contact and meet with Phillipe, which was cool. He is somewhat agnostic, but is open to here more about the gospel. He is moving this week, so we can't meet with him, but we will hopefully meet with him again next week.
Nataly sadly had to cancel on us, because she was called in to take an emergency shift, but we should be able to meet with her again this week. We were able to get in contact and meet with Phillipe, which was cool. He is somewhat agnostic, but is open to here more about the gospel. He is moving this week, so we can't meet with him, but we will hopefully meet with him again next week.
Other than that, we were out
and about it. Not much more to add, a normal week. Yesterday however, was Ward
Conference, which was awesome. It was very uplifting, which was very needed.
We had 3 lessons back to back
to back, which should have filled the rest of the day (with Travel between
included) but the first 2 fell out. And we were unsuccessful at contacting and
confirming the last one. But we prayed that he would be there, Munich one was
praying for us that he would be there (because up to that point in the week we
had only 1 lesson that actually was successful). We went and rang his
doorbell and waited, and waited.. Right as I was about to give up and walk
away, he let us in! Thank goodness.
We had a really good lesson with him.
REALLY good. He knows the bible fairly well, and is really believes strongly in
it, so I used it most all the lesson. It went well, I love acts 3:19-21.
Especially in English, when they are using another bible not the King James.
Most people have the alternate versions which is awesome. Because then it uses
the word "Restoration" as opposed to "Restitution" They
mean essentially the same thing, but I love reading it when it says
"Restoration of all things" Then pulling out the pamphlet and showing
the cover which says "THE RESTORATION". It's has proved powerful in illustrating the point. Anyway, we talked about the Priesthood authority, how
it was lost after the apostles died. At this point he had a big concern,
because he knew of a pastor who could heal people, open the eyes of the blind,
and cause the deaf to be able to hear again, and then he asked us "are you
telling me that that is not the Power of God?".
Immediately without hesitation I opened my mouth and God filled it with the words that I needed to speak. The spirit Enlightened my mind, and brought up a number of scriptures to use and to back it up with doctrine The main two that were brought to my mind were Moroni 10:9-17 and then Matthew 7:21-23. The truth is that there are people, who have faith and have the gifts of the Spirit. Some to heal, some to perform miracles, some to speak in Tongues and each gift is distributed according to faith and the will of God.
Immediately without hesitation I opened my mouth and God filled it with the words that I needed to speak. The spirit Enlightened my mind, and brought up a number of scriptures to use and to back it up with doctrine The main two that were brought to my mind were Moroni 10:9-17 and then Matthew 7:21-23. The truth is that there are people, who have faith and have the gifts of the Spirit. Some to heal, some to perform miracles, some to speak in Tongues and each gift is distributed according to faith and the will of God.
However, it is not to be confused with
the Priesthood power. in Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus is giving us all a warning,
there are those who will have these gifts and do these amazing miracles, and
will truly think that they are working for God. But they will not humble
themselves as children, they will be blinded by there pride and this gift and
will think that they have power and Authority of God. And that they (if
they do not acknowledge the full truth and authority of the Priesthood) will be
made aware at the last day that even though they had these gifts they had
ignored the full truth from God and did not have everything they needed to
enter into the Kingdom of God.
I formed it a bit differently as the spirit
directed me, but there is the doctrine behind it that was given to me. I was
an incredible experience for me. It was a question which on my own I could not
have answered. Not off the top of my head so quickly as that. It was a literal
and powerful manifestation and reminder to me of the promise in D&C
33:8-10, as well as in Section 84 verse 85. It was neat and I KNOW that God is
leading this work, and that as we strive to teach his children, he will enlighten our minds and give us the words which we need to speak. And that
with his help we "will not be confounded before men".
I know that this church is the
true Church. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and I know that through
him, God restored his Priesthood keys, the power and Authority to act in his
name. I know that the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God. And I am so
happy to be here and be able to spread this message.
I am now out of time but wish you all the best! Have a great week!
Love,I am now out of time but wish you all the best! Have a great week!
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment