(The Sun! Finally!!!!!)
Oh man! The sun is shining again! Its the first time I have
seen the sun in a month. AT LEAST. And its warm! It's so nice. Although it's
giving me flashbacks of being back in Esslingen, and the beautiful summer in
Vorarlberg. Man... I am really excited for it to be summer again, I must admit,
I really loved summer as a missionary especially in Vorarlberg I got to stop
thinking about it. Anyway, yeah I am really happy for it to be warm
again.
Anyway, this past week was pretty great. :-) We had quite
the number of lessons, and not many fell out :-). Which is good. :-) We even
got let in at a door! So awesome! Wednesday was cool, we had a finding day here
in this area, which pretty much fell flat on its face, normally we should have
all 4 companionships here. But the Zone leaders were at another district
meeting, and Elder Stilger and Elder Hanson went to go find Elder Stilgers
backpack which he had left on a bus somewhere in Wien... So it was just the
four of us.
But what was cool, sort of, is that we were supposed to meet with
Edith and Chiara right after the finding day was over ( right around 19) but
partway through I get a text from Edith saying that Chiara has the flu, which
means that we shouldn't come anymore. Great... but a few minutes later we get a
call from Andy, saying that he couldn't meet anymore on Saturday, nor any other
time this week except that night at 19. Wow. So we met with him! And it went
really well! He was supposed to come to church on Sunday with his Girlfriend,
but they never came. :-( He probably had to work, he works as a nurse at AKH
(the General Hospital here in Wien). But he is way cool. He is originally from
Romania but can speak really good German, as well as 6 other languages. We hope
to meet with him again this week.
We met with Martin and Marion as well. :-) And we had a
really good discussion about the organization of the Church. It went well, and
we will meet with them again this week, at the Familie Schmuck's home. That
will be good. They are awesome, what more can I say? :-)
This week looks pretty promising, we are pretty well full!
We are doing an exchange tonight with Wien 2 (Elder Gochnour is coming here
with me) and we have 6 appointments between today and tomorrow!!!! SO COOL. Its
so nice to have appointments again. We are also doing well with finding. We
came across and old Potential list and I went through and called everyone on
it. One of the people that I called is named Nico, and he is really excited to
meet with us! He got home from working yesterday at 7:20 however, and had to
cancel the appointment. :-( But he hopes to meet with us in the next couple of
days.
Friday was neat. We had a few potentials that night that we
wanted to go by on. And one of them led us to Herr Stinner. He let us in and we
talked about the Book of Mormon a bit. :-) He is cool. Speaks really bad
Wienerisch, quietly, which makes it hard to hear him sometimes. But he took a
book of Mormon and said that he would read it and was very happy to invite us
back this week. :-) We invited him to church and hopefully he will come this
sunday :-).
Other than, that there isn't much new. Things are going
really well. I am excited for an appointment tonight with Kevin, we found going
door to door. He was at his Girlfriends house, her parents didn't have any
interest, and neither did she, but before they shut the door he said wait! I am
interested. :-) His mom is American, his dad Austrian, so he speaks perfect
English and German (Americanische Englisch sogar) (American English even). He is way cool he lives in
Klagenfurt, but is going to move here to Wien within the next few weeks.
He said, "I can't meet with you here, right now, because they aren't
interested, but could I give you my number and then you can call me and we can
meet?" We will hopefully meet with him tonight. Martine Hayden will come
with us, and invite him to the YSA activities, and hopefully be a betreuer (coach, or friend shipper) for
him.
Anyway things are going well! I hope you are all well. I
love this work. And I know that it is inspired of God. I am reading the Book of
Mormon again, and I recently read Alma 26 again. I forgot how much I love that
chapter. Verse 35 :" Have we not therefore reason to rejoice? Yea, I say
unto you, never, from the beginning of the Earth on has there ever been men who
have had so great a reason to rejoice as do we..." Then further inverse
36: "Yea, I say unto you Blessed be the name of my God, who hath been
mindful of us- wanderers in a strange land. Now we see therefore, my Bretheren,
that God is mindful of every people, in whatsoever land they may live.."
Sometimes I am near to the point of exploding with happiness BLESSED BE THE
NAME OF MY GOD for all which he does here and all over the World. He loves his
people, and as it says in the final verses of Romans 8 Nothing, not Engels, or
powers, anything high or low, anything to come or that has come can separate us
from the love God. Nothing. He loves his people and I am so happy to be here
and to share that. There isn't anything more important than that. I know that
there is a God, and that He our Father is. I know that this is truly his work among the Children of Men. What a Blessing to be apart of it.
I wish you all a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment