(This blog is managed by Ryan's parent's. Please leave comments and we will forward them to him.)

Monday, February 25, 2013

March is Almost Here

The computer just deleted my whole e-mail, and it was saved. :-( So now I get to start over... Wunderbar (wonderful)

Well this week was alright. At times rough, but it has its good things as well. The appointment with Mischa and his wife fell out, his ausbildung (training) takes longer than he thought and he couldn't make it, and we haven't been able to get in contact with him since.

We had quite the number of appointments fall out this week 4 of them with one investigator. :-( Na ja, so ist es (well, so it is). Yesterday we were supposed to have 5 lessons, back to back to back. All but 1 fell out :-( That was hard. 

But then we were able to meet with Jakiri, which is always awesome. :-) Jakiri got quite the discussion on Genealogy this week. We mentioned it, in relation to Temple work last Sunday.  On Friday we took him to meet with Sister Strong, who was showing him how to  use Family Search and how to prepare names for the Temple.  Then For Priesthood (which here is the first hour) was all about Temple and Family History :-)

We got to meet with Martin and Marion twice. Which was good. We had one appointment with the Schäffners, and we talked a bit about the Gathering of Israel. Then they invited us over to their house for Lunch after Church and we talked a bit about the organization of the church (First Presidency, Apostles Seventies, etc) That was a lot of fun. :-) I happened to see the background on Martins Laptop, its pictures of Brigham Young, the 12 apostles and Church historical sites... I have a really good feeling about them :-) They are making a ton of progress. We don't have all that much that we need to teach them, the main thing that is holding them back from Baptism is getting married, which by the looks of it, will be in the beginning of August... But I have no doubt that they will get married and Baptized. And they are also planning for a trip to Utah next year around this time :-) I am excited for that. :-) 

The main highlight of the week though, was actually not from someone that I am personally teaching. About a week and a half ago, Elder Chapman and I were on the way to the church to meet someone there. On the way I went and sat down on one side next to the window. And there was a girl sitting over at the other window, doing something with her phone. I started talking to her.  She was very friendly and wanted to know more. She didn't really believe in the Catholic church, because her mom had taught that there are no Saints (referring to the ones that the Catholics pray to.) That Jesus Christ is our only Savior, and we should only pray to God in his name. At this point I had to get off, but she wanted to meet again and talk some more, so she gave me her number. 

I gave her a call, and told her about the Sister Missionaries, and then had them call her. They did, and they made out an appointment. It went REALLY well I got a call from the Sisters saying that that lesson was the best that they have had their whole missions and that she was really prepared. :-) She also said that she was looking for the true church and thinks that she had found it.  

2 Days later they met with her again. She had read from the title page of the Book of Mormon, through the testimony of Joseph Smith and then through 1 Nephi 11. She said that she had a warm feeling while reading it, knew it was true and she wanted to get baptized! She will be getting baptized on the 31st of March! :-) She also gave the sisters the information of her family in Mexico so that they can be taught as well. :-) I am so incredibly excited for her. 

I am so grateful to be here, I am so grateful to be able to be an instrument of the Lord. And I know that he is guiding his work and leading us to those who are prepared to find it. :-) I know that this really is the true Church. And that God loves and leads us today, just like he did in ancient times. :-)

I need to go now, but I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen

No comments: