(This blog is managed by Ryan's parent's. Please leave comments and we will forward them to him.)

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ja, noch eine Woche ist vorbei.

(Yes, Another week has passed).  

I don't really know where to begin with this e-mail. This week was fairly mellow. We had 4 fallen out appointments (which has become normal to us) and a lot of time to find. We found 8 potentials though! And made out 3 appointments for this week! (Yeah, ok there is a probability that most, if not all will fall out, but I am still positive and happy about them!)

Nothing overally special happened this past week. Things are still going well with Frau Zalka, for that past 3 weeks or so she has had a constant desire to be baptized, and has said that she wants to be baptized at the end of the Month with Simon, her son who will turn 8. The only problem is, Simon is against it.

He came to her in tears and asked that she not be baptized... She is still wanting to because she feels that Heavenly Father wants her too. Simon has had a rough ride with her. Back when she first started coming he was given a part in the primary program as was so incredibly excited! He memorized the part and put on his suit and was ready to go when his mom then decided that they weren't going to go to church. He went and cried for awhile when she told him that.

Our GML is guessing that with the up and down it has just been too much and he doesn't want to get attached to anyone, make any friendships, only to have them ripped away again... They didn't come to church again yesterday... We are still praying that all will go well. We hope to be able to teach them a couple of times per week until the end of January. I will let you know how that turns out.

We met with Martin and Marion again on Saturday at out GML's house in Deutsch Wagram. We talked about the ten Commandments, Keeping the Sabbath day holy, Following the Prophet, then taught the law of Chasity. It went very well. We had a good discussion and focused a lot on the blessings. Nearly a Month or so ago, Elder Steed and I invited them to baptism, which is when we found out that they weren't married, but they told us at that time that they had plans to get married within 12 to 18 months. We brought it back up on Saturday and they said that they had talked about it and said between 6 to 10 months! Then we committed them to come up with a SPECIFIC DAY and reminded them that without getting married they couldn't get baptized. We will see what they decide  (Elder Chapman and I are really hoping for the 29th of January..... ;-))

Haha we found out that Martin has in his possesion and is reading Preach My Gospel. :-) Well, it should make teaching a lot easier, just assign him the sections we want to discuss and then we can talk about them together. :-) I love Martin and Marion, they are so funny. We have a lot of fun meeting with them. 

On a completely unrelated note, I MADE A THAI CURRY! I don't know exactly if it was a Musa mun ( I have no clue how to spell that...) or not ( I don't know exactly what makes it a Musa mun as opposed to a normal curry with chicken, Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, and Cashews...) BUT it was REALLY REALLY GOOD. I was rather proud of myself. I didn't have a recipe either.

While shopping last week I noticed the asian food isle and saw a small jar which was a Thai red curry paste. I looked at it, and saw that with this and coconut milk you could make a curry sauce, so I thought I would give it a try, I purchased Potatoes, and Carrots ( Elder Chapman wanted them as well) a couple of Chicken breasts and Cashews. I already had onions at home. I made the sauce, added a ton of Siracha, and a bit of lemon juice to the point where it tasted about right, boiled and then cut up a couple Chicken breasts, cut up some potatoes, onions, and carrots and threw them all together and let them simmer in the curry sauce for awhile. Then put it over rice and it was great. I attached some pictures.





The best part is, is that Elder Chapman doesn't really like Asian, so I got to have left overs for the next day! :-) I have been really wanting a Thai curry for a long time, and so it made me incredibly happy to be able to make one :-)

That is pretty much all I have to report. The only lesson that actually happened this week was with Martin and Marion. This week will be an adventure, we have interviews on Tuesday, and Zone Training on Wednesday. We have missionaries from way far away coming in that will be staying with us here in Wien.

And for those two days we will be doing splits with missionaries. Elder Escher (who is in the 4th ward here in Wien) will be working with Elder Chapman and my companion will be Elder Orchard who is coming from Klagenfurt. Do you remember Conference in April how one of the speakers said that his nephew was coming to this mission here? Elder Orchard is that one. :-) I met him when I picked up Elder Robins (he came in at the same time). So for Tuesday and Wednesday we will have 4 Elders in our incredibly small apartment, and I will be companions with Elder Orchard.:-)

That will do it for this e-mail I wish you all well!
I love you all!
-Elder Ryan K. Christensen

No comments: