I have VERY VERY little time, so I wish to share a few
miracles that we saw this week, after a long week of difficult work.
So, We had an exchange on Friday to Saturday, I was with
Elder Thompson on exchange in Dornbirn. It went really well, and lucky for me,
we were invited to eat dinner with the Stevens Family, a family that I ate with
often when I was there. That was so much fun. :-) Anyway, we exchanged back on
saturday, and saw the Baptism that Bregenz had. That was fun. And a fun fact
was that she was talked to last year in september and took only a card, no
information given, no interest shown. But was talked to again this year and
this time she tried. She thought that she would never join the church and it
would be useless, but she came to church one day, and felt the spirit so
strong... that was the start, and now she is a new member of the church. It was
neat to see.
Later that day we were back in Ravensburg, and had nothing
that we really could do, plans fell out, and we had to try something else. I
decided to take the time to call some people, while Elder Wasden ( who is a
pretty good artist) made a card to take to a less active member. There were so
many people with whom I tried to get contact for a long time, who finally
answered! That was incredible. We made SO MANY APPOINTMENTS OUT. It was
incredible.
And then, I got a call from a lady who we found about 2 and a half
months ago. She called me and informed me that she and her husband wanted to
come to church tomorrow, and needed the adress! I was blown away. That hsa been
the hardest thing to get accomplished is get people to church. She and her
husband live in Markdorf, which is 30 minutes away, and they wanted to come.
SHE CALLED ME! I couldn't get a hold of her for 2 months and she spontaneously
called us and said that she AND HER HUSBAND would come to church tomorrow. That
was a huge miracle.
Then the next day, they didn't come. I was so sad, and
couldn't focus ( I was supposed to translate, which didn't go so well) right
after the closing prayer, my phone rings, and I look at the number and it was
the family. I BOOKED IT out of the chapel into the hall to take the phone call.
It turns out they were there, but couldn't find the church. Our church is in a
building with a bunch of business offices, and they didn't recognize it. They
drove up the road ( and on the same road there happens to be a Kingdom hall (
Jehovas Witnesses)) Luckily they knew that wasn't us, but not being able to
find it, they drove home back to Markdorf ( I don't know why they didn't call
earlier). I told them the address was number 5 but they were so sure.
Anyway,
they will come back next week! Then as I sat down, I got another phone
call. It was from Jason, another guy who I found but lost contact with. He had
moved back to Weingarten and wanted to meet with us that day. He is from China.
We met up, and had an incredible lesson. It was amazing, and he said the prayer
at the end. That was the first time he had ever prayed. It was a very neat
experience. We will meet with him a few times a week. On thursday we will go
over and help him put together all his furniture, and then he will cook us chinese
food. I am so excited! :-)
He has a TON of interest. I am so excited to get to meet
with him. It was a huge miracle that he called. And another miracle, is that he
moved into an apartment which is rigth around the corner from our GML David. (
They are nearly the same age) I AM SO EXCITED! That was huge miracle.
Huge Miracle. Exactly what we needed. And because he lives so close, he will be
able to come to church easily on sunday, and I can imagine him really enjoying
it.
That is all I really have time to write about... But I wish
you all a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment