Well, I don't know what else to really add to that. Same
pattern as always; everything falls out. But last week we got a call from
Tenzin, and he needed a blessing, on Monday right after we finished with
e-mails, he was having horrible migraines, and having just been taught about
the Priesthood authority by the sisters, called us and wanted us to come. We
arrived and talked with him for a bit. He wanted to know what he needed to do
to be healed, we read 3 Nephi 17 with him with an emphasis on verse 8, having
the faith to be healed. It was a good conversation and gave him a blessing.
Having had them for an extended period of time, he also went to the doctor, and
with the blessing and the visit, his migraines were gone the next day. :-) That
was neat. It was cool that he called us though, no one told him too, he just
did it on his own accord. :-)
After that we went to the Deutsches Museum. One of the
Largest Natural History Science Museusm in the World! Sadly we didn't end up
with too much time, and I am quite sad, because it closed a lot earlier than we
supposed and I didn't get to see the Chemistry section, or the Amateur Radio
section. Darn it! Maybe God knew that it would be to much of a distraction for
me.... :-P.
Anyway, Tuesday was Zone Training, which was really awesome
and uplifting as always, but lasted way long. That was a hard day for Elder
Curtis more than me. He forgot his wallet at home and got a fine of 40 Euro for
riding the train with out a ticket (he didn't realize until the controllers (who are usually in disguise) controlled our U-bahn car).
Going back a bit to
leaving the apartment, Elder Thomas after getting to the 2nd floor of the
building realized that he left his wallet in the apartment and asked for the
keys to go get it, Elder Curtis was closest and gave him ours so that he could
run up real quick and get it (Ironic right?) but he forgot to get them back...
And we needed them to complete a service project. So we had some unplanned
contacting, and I had to pay for tickets so that Elder Curtis and I could
actually do that.:-) That was great.
Wednesday everything fell out. But we still found some
people, so that was good. Like 4 or 5! :-) But all for Munich 1 and 3 :-)
Thursday, Elder Curtis and I leave the apartment at 10 (per
recommendation of other missionaries to break up studies so that you can focus
better) we get to Sendlingertor, to switch U-bahns and Elder Curtis realizes
that he left his wallet in the apartment, again. So we turn around and head
back, and he feels that we should get off one stop before ours and walk back.
So we do and start talking to people. Nothing. I was feeling a bit down, and
the spirit prompted me that I needed to think more positively and be happier.
So I tried, and because God never tells us to do something without helping us,
I was able to be happy, and feel better, despite the hard crowd.
Then after
getting turned down who knows how many more times, I saw a couple walking down
toward us, and got a way good feeling, so I went up and talked to them. THEY
ARE AWESOME! They were so happy to see us and talk with us, they love God and
hearing his word and really want to come to church. She had heard of our church
before, and only heard about the law of Chastity which we lives. She likes that
a lot, and talked about how important it was to have one person to spend your
life with. And then I asked her, " What would it mean to you, if you could
find out for yourself that marriage isn't just for this life, but for all
eternity?" She got REALLY EXCITED. Her husband was also really interested.
I was so happy! We got her information and gave it to Munich 1 she is german
speaking). Then still on the way back to the apartment we found them 2 more
potentials for Munich 1, and successfully got a hold of an old investigator.
:-)
Later that night we went to the Bishops house and had Dinner
with him. That was neat, we were supposed to finally meet with Charles again (its been 6 weeks since we have had an appointment which didn't fall out with
him) but, he couldn't make it again, work is too strenuous. He could only meet
after 9 pm. I am going to call President Miles and see if we can get special
permission to teach him at that time. We will see what happens.
But then we went
by and gave a book of Mormon to a way cool potential that was given to us by
the Zone Leaders! That was cool. He was home, I found his house (which is a
miracle in and of it self since he misspelled the name of the street really
bad...) and we talked to him and his wife briefly. :-)
Friday was excellent and really hard. We felt that we should
go buy on Osuma, a man with whom we were supposed to meet earlier in the week
but it fell out. So we did, and another woman was there who we had talked to
last time. There were 2 families that lived there. Osuma wasn't there but
Elizabeth was. She is from Ghana, and sadly her English isn't the greatest. And
she isn't the most literate in Twi either. It is her native tongue, but written
Twi is slightly different from spoken Twi apparently. Anyway, long story short,
we used a 16 year old boy ( I forgot his name) to help us translate, but he is
Muslim, so I don't know how much she understood. But she has a lot of interest,
and we have members in the ward from Ghana who speak Twi. We will bring them
with us this week. So we had an un expected lesson. Excellent.
After this
lesson, I was starting to feel a bit sick, however I ignored it and thought it
would pass. We went home to eat lunch and have language study, and do weekly
planning. I get home, and feel a bit worse, I have no appetite really, but I
try to just have some toast. My stomach felt really upset, so I took medicine. I
won't go into to many details, but none of that stayed down. I couldn't
even drink water. I tried to do weekly planning anyway, but I
couldn't focus, and felt fuzzy. Which came from being dehydrated. But I
couldn't drink any water, my stomach wouldn't allow me to. I don't want to
scare anyone, so I won't give to many more details, but needless to say I got
worse and worse until I myself was quite nervous.
My whole body ached, and I
had nearly no strength at all. Sister Miles was explained all my symptoms, and
was pretty sure it was just a 24 flu. So she recommended that I just rest and
try to drink some water. It is hot, and Europe has no internal cooling. I was
dehydrated and I couldn't do anything against it, except sleep and wait a few
hours till I could hopefully start drinking water again. Which is what I did. I
spent most of Friday sleeping, and then drinking slowly. At the end of the
evening. I was able to drink a bit but had no desire to eat at all. I asked for
a blessing that night from Elder Curtis, Thomas and Mochon. Elder Curtis
anointed and Elder Thomas sealed, and gave a wonderful blessings which went
passed my physical needs into some things which I was concerned and praying
about. That was wonderful, and a reminder that God really hears and answers my
prayers. :-)
I slept alright that night, and the next day my stomach was
at ease. I didn't eat anything really that day, but I was able to drink a lot,
to overcome my dehydration. By request of Sister Miles and the other Elders we
stayed home that day (not exactly something that I wanted to do). I was still
tired and weak, and apparently a bit pale. So we stayed home and I decided
if I was going to stay home, I was going to get as much rest as possible so
that I could get back to work ASAP. So I did, I spent that day and slept. at
around 5 that evening I had all my strength back, and was able to go to visit
an investigator, who we had made an appointment with (which ended up falling
out... go figure :-)). But I was able to make a lot of phone calls and this
coming week is looking really good!! I have long since completely recovered and
everything is alright. :-) Sorry if I caused any one any worries, I am fine
now!
Something really Ironic because I was sick, we had to cancel
the appointments on Friday night, the only ones which would have probably
actually happened. :-P God surely does have a sense of humor... and I am still
trying to learn patience :-)
But over all things are great! The church is still true! We
are alive and doing His work. :-) I am still incredibly grateful to be here.
And look forward to another great week ahead! I know that this truly is the
Church of God! If it wasn't I would have come home a LONG TIME AGO ;-). I know
that when God loves us and cares for each and every one of us. I am grateful for
the Priesthood power, that I have the chance give blessings, and am grateful
for the times when I need to receive blessings. I think this is probably the
first blessing I had, since I was set 18 months ago. I guess God just needed to
humble me enough to get one, because I really needed his help, and that
blessing (like I mentioned before) blessed me with the things that I have been
asking and hoping for. :-) God hears each and everyone of us. DON'T FORGET IT!
:-)
I wish you all a great week!
love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment