Wow, this has been a phenomenal weekend. The Week was ok,
but The weekend was amazing!
But I will start with the week, It was pretty normal, we had
a number of fallen out appointments... and did a lot of contacting. Nothing out
of the ordinary there. We were able to have somewhat of a finding day however,
which is really cool because nearly the entire district except for us works in
the office. We organized a time between 6-8 on Wednesday night where we
could go contact.
We had Elder and Sister Hunsaker, the Munich 2 sisters, the
AP's and us. Elder and Sister Hunsaker had a lot of fun, because in their last
mission they never really had a finding day, and because we had Elders and
Sisters, Sister Hunsaker went with the Sisters and Elder Hunsaker came with
Elder Hemsley and I (we did splits with the AP's). That was a lot of fun. I
had a really neat experience during that time, we were walking around and
talking to everyone that we saw, and on a stretch of road I saw a lady riding a
bike toward us, some what quickly might I add. And all of the sudden I
got the impression that I should hold out a card to her as she rode by. So I
did, not knowing what to expect, she skidded to a stop and asked me what the
card was, and what I was talking to people about.
So I started talking to
her I think we talked 10 minutes or so. She was pretty strict protestant, but I
told her that we want to help all people come CLOSER to Christ (not
necessarily just come unto Him) Through a book. The Book of Mormon, I handed it
to her and said it was a free gift, she looked at it and opened it up, coincidentally to Alma. When she saw the name, she got excited because her middle
name was Alma (SAME SPELLING) and she also had a Grandma who was named Alma.
So I talked about Alma for a bit and recommend her a chapter to read about one
of his teachings. She didn't want us to have her number or address, but she
said that she would read about Alma and give us a call. That was really
cool.
Now comes to the story of John. John is awesome, He talked
to the Munich 1 missionaries on the U-bahn and gave them his number and
address. We tried a number of times to meet with him, however he wasn't there
twice. Finally I called him and asked if he had time at 1 (I called him at
like 12.10) and we finally met with him. He is WAY cool. He is from Ghana, but
has lived here for 25 years already. He has a wife and 4 kids, and is working
as an engineer. He wants to hear more of the word of God. We had a great
discussion with him, in which we talked about Apostles and Prophets, and
invited him to come to General Conference, telling him we would pick him up. HE
CAME! AND HE EVEN WORE A SUIT! Without us saying anything!! He only came to the
Saturday evening broadcast (known to you as the Saturday Morning).
We even
experienced a miracle traveling there. So to get there we needed to take the U2
to Sendlingertor, then transfer to the U3 to Aidenbacherstraße then take a bus.
But the transfer at Sendlingertor is not very good. The two U-bahns are
scheduled to arrive at the same time, but on different levels of the station. I
have taken the connection 20 times at least, and not once was I actually able
to catch it, the U2 was always late, and we had to wait 8 minutes for the next
U3. Long story short the connection was PERFECT likewise with the bus. Elder
Evans and I was astonished, it NEVER works, Ever.
And we were running late, but
because it worked we got to the church EXACTLY on time. We hung up our jackets
took a seat and had 2 minutes before it began. He loved it. He loves hearing
the word of God, And he really liked all of the talks, about the Family, and
how to strengthen it etc. It was an incredible session. We were supposed to
meet with him today, but we have interviews, so we had to move the appointment
a few days. But he is awesome. In his prayer back in the lesson thanked God for
sending us to him and asked to help him find the right path!! :-) We are
excited. :-)
Oh man, General Conference was incredible, absolutely
amazing. Especially the first session. President Monson got up and talked and
just before he announced the temples I had an incredible feeling come over me,
an incredibly strong feeling which I could not described if I tried. Then he
proceeded to announce that 2 new temples would be built. Then announced it.
Cedar City Utah. I was completely shocked, and started to cry. Cedar City
is getting a temple!
I remember back at SUU a lot of residents were waiting and
praying for the day when Cedar City would get one. St. George is one of the
busiest temples in the world. Especially in the baptistry, where each ward gets
assigned one day a year in which the youth can come and perform baptisms for
the dead. That's it. Because of SUU and Dixie it was incredibly busy. Most
members there were sure it would happen eventually because of SUU. Ever
since being at SUU I have excitedly waited each General Conference for the
temple announcements anticipating a Cedar City Utah Temple. Something which I
have also prayed for. And now they will get one! Cedar City will have
it's own temple!! That was amazing. Haha, I was in such a stage of shock that I
wasn't aware that there was another temple announced until later when someone
mentioned the other one...
Anyway, that will have to do, because of Interviews today,
our P-day is a bit thrown off. And we had to do a survey as well... so I will
bring this e-mail to an end. But I wish you all a great week!
Love,
Elder Ryan K. Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment